Welcome to the sixth monthly update of 2023! These updates are provided to track the progress of the Testnet Expansion Phase, while also keeping you informed about all the news from around the world of Chromia.
This month saw the launch of My Neighbor Alice Alpha Season 3 on our very first Chromia Appnet, as well as the changeover to a delegated staking system. Read ahead for all of the details - but before you do, check out our official Discord server, Chromia Lounge.
This section shares important progress on development objectives, and also gives users a heads-up about upcoming changes that may require specific action.
Staking System Has Been Updated!
View this article for all of the key information.
All staking rewards earned from the old contract have now been distributed.
Chromia Appnet and MNA AS3
- On June 27th, My Neighbor Alice launched its Alpha Season 3. It will run until August 8th.
- AS3 runs on Chromia’s first Appnet and allows everyone to enter the world of Lummelunda.
- Players are optionally able to bridge ALICE tokens from Binance Smart Chain onto the Chromia Appnet. This development marks the first time that real assets are on Chromia
- For more information, view this article from the MNA team.
- We will continue to develop the Testnet in line with our roadmap, and during this time, Appnet chains will coexist alongside it. Read more about Appnet here.
Testnet Objectives and Progress
- PCU (Precise Configuration Updates) development has been completed, and will be integrated as part of the next testnet upgrade.
- We anticipate that the FT4 Token Standard and a basic wallet will be completed in July.
- The first EIF powered bridge is now open as part of MNA’s Appnet. Players are able to bridge BEP-20 ALICE to Chromia. We are closely monitoring the bridge’s operation to guide final development on our general purpose “H-Bridge”.
- The next phase of Testnet development will focus on using these protocols and tools to expand token functionality and bridging to complete our roadmap objectives (H-Bridge, Native CHR, etc.)
Provider Network Growth
This section shares progress on the ongoing growth of our provider network.
- System providers can participate in clusters that run system chains as well as dapp chains, while node providers can only participate in clusters that run dapp chains.
- The network currently has 5 system providers: ChromaWay, Sunube, Dwellir, NGC and Snowbridge.
- The network currently has 4 node providers: AM Cloud Sweden, WolfEdge, EXNT and Nocturnal Labs.
- Discussions are ongoing with additional providers to continue the network expansion.
This section shares news from new and existing projects, announcements from Chromia Innovation Lab and other incubation efforts, and highlights from our mid-month Developer Experience updates.
- On June 6th, it was announced that ChromaWay acquired entry-luxury fashion brand BLK DNM. The move is part of a larger strategy to “bridge physical garments with digital garments”.
- On June 12th, the Chromia Ledger Digital Asset Protocol (LDAP) was launched. The EVM version of the protocol is already being used ‘in the real world’ by Bloqhouse, Fund.me, and Immotokens. A Chromia based version will be available after the release of mainnet.
- The sixth Developer Experience Team Update was published on our blog. This month’s highlights include the upcoming release of a new Block Explorer, an updated Typescript Postchain Client, and further optimization of the VS Code plugin for Rell.
- Chain of Alliance continues to develop and test publicly on the current testnet. You can read their plans for the rest of the year here.
- As shared previously, MNA Alpha Season 3 is now live on Chromia’s first Appnet.
This section shares news related to Chromia marketing. Appearances at crypto conferences, articles published on third-party outlets, ongoing promotions, highlights from the previous month’s content, and more.
- On June 7th, we shared this YouTube video of an interview from the Dubai Fintech Summit where ChromaWay’s Todd Miller and Bloqhouse’s Tim Rutgers discuss the future of Chromia LDAP and real-world asset tokenization protocols.
- On June 10th, Henrik Hjelte appeared at Web3 Berlin, taking the stage to discuss how Chromia is developing a simple and efficient coding solution for developers!
- On June 21st, we published this article to our blog exploring how Chromia can enhance supply chains and deliver next-gen retail experiences.
- On June 29th, Todd Miller hosted an LDAP Webinar to teach attendees about tokenizing real world assets while sharing the success Bloqhouse has already achieved in this area.
Looking Ahead to July
- Performing PCU testnet upgrade
- Completing the FT4 protocol and basic wallet
- Monitoring MNA Appnet performance
- Focused development on token implementations and bridging
- More news and updates as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.