Welcome to the eighth monthly update of 2023! These updates are provided to track the progress of the Testnet Expansion Phase, while also keeping you informed about all the news from around the world of Chromia.
This month saw the announcement of two new network providers and the relaunch of the My Neighbor Alice Appnet. Read ahead for information on these developments and more!
This section shares important progress on development objectives, and also gives users a heads-up about upcoming changes that may require specific action.
The new Staking System is live as of June 2023. View this article for all of the key information.
Testnet Objectives and Progress
- PCU (Precise Configuration Updates) development is completed, and will be deployed in the next public testnet upgrade.
- The MVP version of the FT4 Protocol is publicly available as of July 2023. Dapp developers are now able to create single chain token implementations on the public testnet as well as Appnets.
- The MVP version of the Chromia Wallet SDK is publicly available as of July 2023. Developers are now able to create single chain wallet implementations for dapps running on the public testnet or Appnets.
- The MVP version of the new Chromia Block Explorer is now available here. This version will support the public Testnet, and will also be available as a white label solution for Appnets. It is important to note that this is a preliminary version, and many new features are on the way. We encourage our community members to check it and out provide feedback using this form.
- The next phase of development will focus on token implementations, cross-chain traffic across Chromia Network and Ethereum and BSC bridging.
Recent or Upcoming Roadmap Changes
- PCU has been changed to ‘Awaiting Integration’
- FT4 has been changed to ‘Done’
Provider Network Growth
This section shares progress on the ongoing growth of our provider network. System providers participate in clusters that run system and dapp chains, while node providers participate in clusters that run dapp chains.
- We announced two new network providers in August: DappRadar and Ankr. Both of these partners are prominent contributors to the crypto industry, and we're delighted to bring them aboard!
- We currently have 7 system providers: ChromaWay, Sunube, Dwellir, NGC, Snowbridge, DappRadar and Ankr.
- We currently have 5 node providers: WolfEdge, EXNT, Nocturnal Labs, NodeRun, and w3Coins.
- Recently onboarded providers will join the public testnet after the next upgrade.
- We are continuously working to expand and oversee the provider network.
This section shares news from new and existing projects, announcements from Chromia Innovation Lab and other incubation efforts, and highlights from our mid-month Developer Experience updates.
- On July 31st, LaunchJoy unveiled their website. The project is building a “Gaming and Ecosystem Hub” for Chromia. Addresses staking CHR through Chromia’s Official Staking Page earn LauchJoy POINTs which will be usable on the platform once the dapp is released.
- On August 2nd, we shared this blog post summarizing Chromia Innovation Lab’s 2023 Demo Day.
- The eighth Developer Experience Team Update was published on our blog. This month’s highlights include the release of the first IntelliJ Rell plugin and the first Rell formatter for VS Code and Eclipse.
- In cooperation with the BGA, Chain of Alliance was showcased at Gamescom, the world’s largest gaming event held in Cologne, Germany. Click here to try the current Chromia Testnet powered version, “Alpha 2.5: Gamescom Edition” - it’s free, and runs directly in your web browser. No downloads or extra software are required!
- My Neighbor Alice resumed Alpha Season 3 on August 29th. AS3 is the first project running on a Chromia Appnet. Read more on MNA’s official website.
This section shares news related to Chromia marketing. Appearances at crypto conferences, articles published on third-party outlets, ongoing promotions, highlights from the previous month’s content, and more.
- On August 9th, we released this blog post exploring the differences between the public testnet, mainnet, and individual Appnets.
- On August 18th, we released this blog post discussing the future of NFTs within the crypto industry and the unique contributions Chromia can make to the space.
- On August 24th, we released this blog post looking ahead to tokens, wallets, block explorers, and the next phase of test development.
Looking Ahead to September
- MNA Alpha Season 3 resumes
- Token and wallet implementations
- Adding more providers to the network
- More news and updates as they become available!