Welcome to the tenth monthly update of 2023! These updates are provided to track the progress of the Testnet Expansion Phase and the Shared Appnet, while also keeping you informed about all the news from around the world of Chromia.
This section shares important progress on development objectives, and also gives users a heads-up about upcoming changes that may require specific action.
Chromia Shared Appnet is Live!
- The launch of Chromia Shared Appnet was announced on October 17th.
- Shared Appnet provides a ‘closed beta’ version of Chromia, allowing early dapps to build a user base and demonstrate the potential of our technology.
- To facilitate the future transition between Shared Appnet and mainnet, we have designed migration tools that will allow projects to get a head start on the Appnet and move their dapps, users, and data to the public mainnet after launch.
- The first project launched on the Appnet was BLK DNM’s “Connected Fashion”. Read more about it here.
- Several additions to the Appnet are in the works - expect more news soon!
Public Testnet Upgrade Complete
- The testnet upgrade has been completed. It enables Precise Configuration Updates and also includes import/export tooling to facilitate dapp migration, auto expansion of clusters via the Directory Chain, and improved node analytics.
Tokens and Bridging
- A recent FT4 update has enabled cross-chain transfers on Chromia based networks, and this feature is now available for implementation by developers. Wide public use of this feature will coincide with the release of Chromia Vault, our official wallet interface.
- Chromia Vault development is coming along nicely - keep an eye out in late November for a preview article featuring more information and screenshots!
- A recent update to Chromia Explorer brought multi network support, and the ability to view the token transfer history of individual addresses.
- Development has begun on the Native Billing dapp.
- The new Staking System is live as of June 2023. View this article for all of the key information, and this article for more on APR adjustments.
- From October 1st to December 31st 2023, the staking platform will dispense rewards at 15% APR.
- From January 1st to December 31st 2024, the staking platform will dispense rewards at 10% APR.
- We recommend using Metamask for the best user experience. This applies to both staking and container deployment. While WalletConnect is provided as an option, limitations beyond our control may result in technical difficulties when trying to use WalletConnect with certain combinations of blockchain, external programs and/or hardware wallets.
Provider Network Status
This section shares progress on the ongoing growth of our provider network. System providers participate in clusters that run system and dapp chains, while node providers participate in clusters that run dapp chains.
As our networks evolve, they become more dynamic as providers are added and removed over time. As of this update, we will provide method(s) for monitoring providers in real-time.
- The following query link can be used to generate a list of Public Testnet providers. Please note that these links are functional as of the publishing date, but may become deprecated over time.
- The following query link can be used to generate a list of Shared Appnet providers. Please note that these links are functional as of the publishing date, but may become deprecated over time.
This section shares news from new and existing projects, announcements from Chromia Innovation Lab and other incubation efforts, and highlights from our mid-month Developer Experience updates.
- My Neighbor Alice Alpha Season 3 concluded on October 10th. They have now launched a staking program that allows players to earn rewards by staking NFTs they crafted during Season 3. Read an article about this topic here.
- On October 16th, we announced the launch of a brand new educational site, Chromia Learn. Whether you're a curious newbie or a seasoned developer, this resource has been created to provide everyone with the knowledge and tools they need to start leveraging Chromia’s dapp building tools.
- The tenth Developer Experience Team Update was published on our blog. This month’s highlights include the addition of an EVM Bridging documentation section and numerous updates to the Chromia CLI.
- Chromia Innovation Lab has announced that the application window for the 2024 Incubation Program is now open. We provide entrepreneurs a faster and better way to build real-world Web3 applications - if you are an innovator with a great idea, we want to hear from you!
This section shares news related to Chromia marketing. Appearances at crypto conferences, articles published on third-party outlets, ongoing promotions, highlights from the previous month’s content, and more.
- On October 4th and 11th, we published parts two and three of a three part series exploring the advantages and possibilities of Chromia’s unique hosting fee model.
- The BLK DNM “Connected Fashion” campaign has launched, and the project is attracting attention from both fashion and cryptocurrency news outlets for its’ bold use of Web3 tools. Check out this feature from Vogue Scandinavia, as well as this article from UK Crypto news site, Coinbrit.
- Earlier this month, Coinbrit also published an article about Real World Assets (RWAs) that listed Chromia as a notable project to watch within the space.
- This blog post from October 24th posted key takeaways from our busy week in mid October which included the launch of Shared Appnet, Chromia Learn, and BLK DNM.
Looking Ahead to November
- More dapp launches on Shared Appnet
- Chromia Vault Preview
- Ongoing development on tokens and bridging
- More news and updates as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.