TLDR Highlights from this Article:
- Mainnet development overview, including updates on Directory Chain, Ethereum Interoperability Framework, and Postchain
- ChromaWay makes strategic investment in Sports Tech company VRM
- We continue to make our presence known at conferences around the world, including NFT NYC and OpenExpo Europe
Roadmap and statement from Alex Mizrahi, CTO - https://chromia.com/roadmap/
The ‘TLDR’ of Alex’s statement is:
“we have an overall plan, but it is not possible or practical to give an exact order or exact completion dates because the development process is unpredictable”.
The code for this feature is complete, and it will be changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘done’ on the roadmap webpage.
Postchain 3.5.0 (current version)
The update to Postchain 3.5.0 was successfully implemented in June. This major update contained several feature updates as well as preliminary directory chain functions which pave the way for further mainnet progress.
Postchain 3.6.0 (upcoming version)
Development for the 3.6.0 update has also been completed and will be merged in July - this is a smaller update that will enable Postchain block producers and nodes to run on cloud servers (i.e. AWS) and Linux containers (via Kubernetes) and be configured via API commands. These functions will be utilized by ChromaWay’s RBN as part of the European Blockchain Service Infrastructure, and will also be utilized for Chromia’s mainnet.
The Directory Chain ‘DC’ is responsible for the coordination of the Chromia network as a whole. It stores all information needed to run the network, such as a list of providers and nodes, and configurations (code) of all blockchains on the Chromia network. The DC now encompasses the previously outlined Interchain Messaging Facility (ICMF) as one of its components.
As previously mentioned, the recent Postchain update contained the first DC development objectives. The team has outlined the remaining development tasks required for completion and will be focusing heavily on these tasks throughout July and August.
EIF (Ethereum Interoperability Framework)
EIF is the set of functions that allow Chromia to act as a Layer-2 for Ethereum and all other EVM chains (BNB Chain, Polygon, Fantom, AVAX C-Chain, etc.). These functions include bridging assets to and from these chains to the Chromia Network.
In our last update, we reported that over half of our development objectives were completed for EIF. Further progress has been made this month, and the objectives are now ~80% complete. We plan to finish and merge the code in August and then proceed to extensive testing.
FT Token Standard
FT is Chromia’s token standard which will support all fungible, non-fungible and native CHR tokens on the Chromia network. We have collected feedback about FT3 and are working on the next generation - FT4 - which improves compatibility with Metamask, the Ethereum ecosystem, and other EVM chains as well as security by implementing built-in spending policies that allow more precise access delegation.
Notable News for June 2022
- ChromaWay has made a strategic investment in VRM.
- Check out this interesting thread written by Alex Mizrahi on Twitter where he discusses how My Neighbor Alice will benefit from Chromia, while also discussing the strategy underway to attract more third-party development both pre and post-mainnet.
- Chromia participated in NFT.NYC from June 20-23rd, where we were represented by Todd Miller and Anastasia Plane.
- ChromaWay’s Operations and Strategy Manager Gines Sanchez Navarro will be participating in OpenExpo Europe 2022, the leading innovation and open source summit in Europe.
- Check out this summary of our incubation program Demo Day held on June 9th featuring 11 potential future additions to the ecosystem!
Coming up in July 2022
- Development on EIF, Directory Chain, and FT4
- A rundown of all the actions from NFT.NYC
- Further news and announcements as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.