TLDR Highlights from this Article:
- The roadmap on our website will be updated in August
- A full overview of remaining mainnet components
- Summary of notable news and events from July
In August, we will be making some updates to the website roadmap in order to more accurately reflect the current state of development.
While the new roadmap will not contain a specific Mainnet date, we do plan to insert a checkpoint for Mainnet Launch. This checkpoint will be reached upon the deployment and testing of:
- Ethereum Interoperability Framework
- Hardened EVM Bridge
- FT4 Token Standard
- D1 Network System, including
- Directory Chain
- Anchor Chains/Hierarchical Anchoring
Roadmap and statement from Alex Mizrahi, CTO - https://chromia.com/roadmap/
The ‘TLDR’ of Alex’s statement is:
“we have an overall plan, but it is not possible or practical to give exact completion dates”.
Chromia develops primarily on Gitlab, with additional code on Bitbucket.
D1 Network System
D1 Network System is a collection of separate but interconnected components required for the Chromia Network to function.
The Directory Chain is responsible for the coordination of the network as a whole. It stores all information needed to run the network, such as a list of providers and nodes, and configurations of all blockchains.
ICMF enables the communication between chains on the network, which can take place in an automated fashion without relying on end users to initiate events and transactions.
Hierarchical Anchoring allows the headers of all the blockchains within a cluster to be serialized and committed to an anchor chain, which can then itself be committed to a system-level anchoring chain or further to an external blockchain such as Ethereum.
The team has outlined the subtasks required for the completion of D1, and this will be the primary development focus moving forward towards mainnet launch.
EIF (Ethereum Interoperability Framework)
EIF is the set of functions that allow Chromia to interoperate with Ethereum and other EVM chains (BNB Chain, Polygon, Fantom, AVAX C-Chain, etc.). EIF objectives are now ~95% complete. We plan to finish the code in August and then proceed to testing.
Hardened Bridge (H-Bridge)
A hardened EVM asset bridge is being built which utilizes EIF functions, allowing Chromia Network to bridge assets to and from EVM chains. The term ‘hardened’ means that security is prioritized over speed, requiring a higher standard of confirmations and checkpoints before assets are transferred. Development on the H-Bridge is well underway, coding is ~75% complete. Upon completion, it will also be thoroughly tested to ensure that it is production ready.
FT4 Token Standard
FT is Chromia’s token standard which will support all fungible, non-fungible and native CHR tokens on the Chromia network. We have collected feedback about FT3 and are working on the next generation - FT4 - which introduces compatibility with Metamask and implements built-in spending policies that allow more precise access delegation.
Notable News for July 2022
- On July 2nd, we published this list of 12 projects from ChromaWay’s Demo Day Incubation Showcase
- On July 7th, we published this rundown of our participation in NFT NYC 2022
- ChromaWay’s Todd Miller was featured in the 4th issue of FIBREE’s Real Estate Industry Report
- On July 20th, we published the article All About Chromia Stories, telling you everything you need to know about Chromia’s official podcast!
- Check out this video of Riccardo Sibani’s appearance on the “Next Gen NFT Standards and Protocols” panel from NFT NYC
- Also check out this video of Todd Miller’s presentation - “Chromia: A New Kind of Blockchain for a New Kind of NFT” from NFT NYC
- On July 27th, we published a new YouTube video telling the world all about Chromia and why it is the “Blockchain for your Every Need”
- On July 28th, we published this article, exploring the features of Chromia that can make it a go-to solution for NFT use in the Real Estate market
Coming up in August 2022
- Development on EIF, H-Bridge, D1, and FT4
- Further news and announcements as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.
Website | Twitter | Telegram | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube