TLDR Highlights from this Article:
- H-Bridge is in the internal testing and review stage
- ICMF is complete and in the internal testing and review stage
- Work on Directory Chain, Anchoring, and FT4 is ongoing
- ChromaWay has signed a multi-year licensing deal with fashion brand ELLE
- The second Incubation Program is being launched by Chromia Innovation Lab
- Summary of other notable news and events from October
Roadmap and statement from Alex Mizrahi, CTO - https://chromia.com/roadmap/
The ‘TLDR’ of Alex’s statement is:
“we have an overall plan, but it is not possible or practical to give exact completion dates”.
Progress at a Glance
Directory Chain is responsible for coordination of the network as a whole. It stores all information needed to run the network, such as a list of providers and nodes, and configurations of all blockchains.
ICMF enables communication across blockchains within the Chromia Network.
Anchoring allows the headers of all the blockchains within a cluster to be serialized and committed to an anchor chain, which can then itself be committed to an external blockchain such as Ethereum.
EIF is the set of functions that allow Chromia to communicate with Ethereum and other EVM chains
H-Bridge will allow Chromia Network to securely bridge assets to and from Ethereum and other EVM chains.
FT is the token standard used on the Chromia network. We have collected feedback about FT3 and are working on the next generation - FT4 - which introduces compatibility with Metamask and implements built-in spending policies that allow more precise access delegation.
Notable News for October 2022
- On October 4th, we held an AMA with Alexandr Onufriychuk, Corite’s Head of Marketing and Business Development. Click here for full AMA recap.
- On October 5th, we announced that ChromaWay has signed a multi-year licensing deal with the fashion and lifestyle brand Elle. Read more here!
- Bit2Me Academy released a deep dive on Chromia to accompany their listing of the CHR token in late September. Check it out!
- From October 17-18th, Todd Miller (VP of Business Development and Partnerships) and Hamza Hussein (Business Development) represented Chromia at Fintech Nexus.
- At Fintech Nexus, Todd Miller appeared at a panel talk entitled “The Tokenization of Real World Assets”, focused on the use of NFTs and crypto in real estate.
- On October 27, several members of the Chromia team were available for a meet and greet at the Lindholmen Software Development Day in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- As part of the Lindholmen event, Zara Zamani (Chief Solutions Officer) participated in a panel discussion with the theme “Connecting Realities”, discussing the emergence of the Metaverse and how it will affect the world.
- ChromaWay has announced the second edition of its Incubation Program, launched by the Chromia Innovation Lab. The application window opens on November 1st. Learn all about the program here.
Coming up in November 2022
- Continued development on Directory Chain, Anchoring, and FT4
- Accepting and evaluating applications to the Incubation Program
- Further news and announcements as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.