TLDR Highlights from this Article:
- H-Bridge is progressing to internal testing and review
- Work on Directory Chain, ICMF, and FT4 is ongoing
- Summary of notable news and events from September
Roadmap and statement from Alex Mizrahi, CTO - https://chromia.com/roadmap/
The ‘TLDR’ of Alex’s statement is:
“we have an overall plan, but it is not possible or practical to give exact completion dates”.
EIF (Ethereum Interoperability Framework)
EIF is the set of functions that allow Chromia to communicate with Ethereum and other EVM chains (BNB Chain, Polygon, Fantom, AVAX C-Chain, etc.). EIF coding is now complete.
Hardened Bridge (H-Bridge)
A hardened EVM asset bridge is being built which utilizes EIF functions, allowing Chromia Network to bridge assets to and from EVM chains.
A ‘first pass’ of the bridging functions has been coded, and will now undergo testing and review by our senior developers. Progress for this component will be updated on the roadmap once we are satisfied that the bridge is ready for public testing.
D1 Network System (Directory Chain, ICMF, and Hierarchical Anchoring)
The Directory Chain is responsible for the coordination of the network as a whole. It stores all information needed to run the network, such as a list of providers and nodes, and configurations of all blockchains.
After expanding the development team working on the Directory Chain in August, we made significant progress in September. We estimate progress at ~75% complete.
ICMF enables communication across blockchains within the Chromia Network.
As progress has been made on Directory Chain, additional coding has been completed for ICMF. We estimate progress at ~50% complete.
Due to the network’s design, this component depends heavily on the Directory Chain. Focus will shift to this component once we have made further progress on DC.
FT4 Token Standard
FT is Chromia’s token standard which will support all fungible, non-fungible and native CHR tokens on the Chromia network. We have collected feedback about FT3 and are working on the next generation - FT4 - which introduces compatibility with Metamask and implements built-in spending policies that allow more precise access delegation.
We have a dedicated team working on FT4 objectives, and progress is ongoing.
Notable News for September 2022
- On September 1st, we announced a new admin team for our Official Telegram Channel. (REMINDER: Beware of scams. No admin will ever DM or contact you first. Admin impersonators are quite common, so stay vigilant.)
- On September 12th, we shared this report from Gamescom, Europe’s leading computer and video games event. The event was attended by Head of Commercial Development Joel Satin and Senior Marketing Lead, Anastasia Plane.
- From September 15-18th, Consultant Michael Kikuchi represented Chromia at Asia's largest and longest-running video games expo, Tokyo Game Show!
- On September 20th, Todd Miller joined a European Commercial Real Estate Data Alliance (E-CREDA) webinar to discuss the Metaverse and its importance for the Real Estate industry.
- ChromaWay signs a multi-year licensing deal with fashion and lifestyle brand ELLE. The collaboration will see ELLE branded experiences and quests incorporated into the open-world metaverse game My Neighbor Alice.
- CMO Or Perelman represented Chromia at Messari Mainnet 2022 from September 21-23 in New York City. The event is a 3-day summit hosted by Messari focused on future collaboration, networking, and programming.
- Our CFO Ebba Theding and CSO Zara Zamani delivered a live talk regarding “The rise of DAOs'' at the All That Matters Asia event in Singapore. The event was held from September 26-28.
- On September 27th, Binance launched the game Binance WODL, with $25,000 USD worth of CHR tokens up for grabs. We thank Binance for their continued support of Chromia!
- Also on September 27th, Chromia (CHR) was listed on Bit2Me. Bit2Me is Spain and Latin America’s leading wallet and exchange solution, with over 450,000 users.
- Keerthan Shetty (Crypto Business Development and Partnerships for India) represented Chromia at Token 2049 in Singapore on September 28th and 29th.
- On September 30th, Chromia Stories Podcast Episode was released with Jake Hernandez, NFT Project Manager at Corite.
Coming up in October 2022
- Development on H-Bridge, Directory Chain, ICMF, Hierarchical Anchoring, and FT4
- Further news and announcements as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.