TLDR Highlights from this Article:
- Work on H-Bridge, Anchoring and FT4 is ongoing
- The application window is open for the second Chromia Innovation Lab incubation program
- ChromaWay has advanced to phase 2B of the EU Blockchain PCP
- Summary of other notable news and events from November
Roadmap and statement from Alex Mizrahi, CTO - https://chromia.com/roadmap/
The ‘TLDR’ of Alex’s statement is:
“we have an overall plan, but it is not possible or practical to give exact completion dates”.
Progress at a Glance
Directory Chain is responsible for coordination of the network as a whole. It stores all information needed to run the network, such as a list of providers and nodes, and configurations of all blockchains.
ICMF enables communication across blockchains within the Chromia Network.
Anchoring allows the headers of all the blockchains within a cluster to be serialized and committed to an anchor chain, which can then itself be committed to an external blockchain such as Ethereum.
EIF is the set of functions that allow Chromia to communicate with Ethereum and other EVM chains.
H-Bridge will allow Chromia Network to securely bridge assets to and from Ethereum and other EVM chains.
FT is the token standard used on the Chromia network. We have collected feedback about FT3 and are working on the next generation - FT4 - which introduces Metamask compatibility.
Notable News for November 2022
- On November 1st, the application window opened for Chromia Innovation Lab - Incubation Program 2023. The application window will close on December 15. Get all the info here!
- On November 2nd, we published this informative article explaining how Chromia’s customizable fee structures will help developers build the best Dapps.
- Due to the FTX insolvency and the resulting effects, November has been another tumultuous month in the crypto world. We are happy to share that we were not directly affected by these events in any way, and we are continuing on our mission to build and deliver the Chromia platform. Read a statement from the Chromia team here.
- On November 15, we published the article “Killer Feature: Relational Blockchain”, which explains how Chromia opens new possibilities for decentralized applications by combining the flexibility of relational databases with the security of a blockchain.
- On November 21st, we shared the announcement that ChromaWay has been named to Deloitte Sweden’s 2022 Fast 50 list - this is the third consecutive year making the list! Read more here.
- On November 24th, we shared that ChromaWay has advanced to the final phase of testing for the EU Blockchain PCP. In December, we will be publishing an article which outlines the similarities and differences between Relational Blockchain Nebula (RBN) and Chromia, while explaining their mutually beneficial relationship.
- On November 25th, the Chromia Stories Podcast published its latest episode. This episode features Tim Rutgers, founder and CEO of Bloqhouse Technologies discussing the tokenization of real estate.
Coming up in December 2022
- Continued development on H-Bridge, Anchoring and FT4
- Accepting and evaluating applications to the Incubation Program
- Further news and announcements as they become available!
Modern society runs on data and every online service you’re using is built upon underlying databases - ranging from your online bank to music streaming and gaming. Chromia is a relational blockchain - a combination of a relational database and a blockchain - making it easy to develop user-friendly decentralized apps for almost any industry, including DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and more.